- Suitable for ferromagnetic tube such as those found in air cooler and heat exchangers
- Very good sensitivity to pitting, circumferential cracks and localized wall loss
- Inspection speed can goes up to 1 m/s
- The signal output is sensitive to speed variation
- The sizing of defect is limited because there is no phase component on the signal
- The fill factor is similar to eddy-current technique : approximately 80% is required.
- Magnetic Flux Leakage is pre-dominantly applied for inspection
Air Fin Coolers.
- Not affected by the presence of Aluminum Fins in air- finned coolers.
- Relatively high speed inspection, 0.5 m/s to 1.0m/s.
- Very good sensitivity to Pitting and circumferential grooves.
- Identify the ID pitting from the Trail coil.